There are some updates happening with regards to Facebook which may affect your Facebook Destination which we want to make you aware of.
Facebook, due to their renewed privacy push, has removed one of the permissions, called publish_actions effective August 1st, 2018. This permission was required for posting to personal profiles.
Here is what this means to you:
Due to the permissions changes, Libsyn’s Facebook destination will no longer be able to publish to personal profiles. Publishing to pages will continue to function normally.
If you have any errors publishing to Facebook, we recommend editing your Facebook destination to re-authenticate and approve the new permissions. You can do so by following these steps:
- Log into your Libsyn account
- Select Destinations —> Edit/View Existing
- Edit your Facebook destination
- Login to your Facebook account and approve any permissions presented
- When redirected back to your Libsyn account, select any pages you want to publish to, noting that personal profiles will no longer be included in the list.
- Save your changes.
If you have any outstanding episode that has failed to send to Facebook you can retry it:
- Login to your Libsyn account
- Select Content –> Previously Published
- Click the ‘i’ icon and scroll to the bottom of the window that opens
- Click ‘retry’ on the Facebook line
If you have any questions, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.